Your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through 7 areas of learning and development.
Children will develop in the 3 prime areas as a priority in the early years, these are
- Communication and language;
- Physical development; and
- Personal, social and emotional development.
These prime areas are those most essential for your child’s healthy development and future learning.
As children grow, the prime areas will help them to develop skills in 4 specific areas. These are:
- Understanding the world; and
- Expressive arts and design.